NEW GLORY TURKEY BRINE
Overall time: 15min Servings: 12-20 Difficulty: Easy
This one’s a New Glory classic! Juicy citrusy flavor compliments the savoriness of the herbs, and the sweetness/saltiness of the brine itself.
- 1 (12- to 20-pound) Fresh (not Frozen) Turkey
- 3 Quarts Cold Water
- 2 Pints Beer (1 Citra Dream, 1 Gummy Worms)
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Bunch Fresh Thyme
- ½ Bunch Fresh Rosemary
- 10 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Smashed
- 3 Tbsp. Whole Peppercorns
- Peel of 3 Large Oranges
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the salt and sugar dissolve. Turn off heat, cover and allow the brine to cool completely.
- Place the uncooked turkey in a large brining bag or pot, pour in the brine solution to cover the turkey, and refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- Before roasting, remove the turkey from the brine (discard the brine) and submerge the turkey in a pot or sink filled with fresh, cold water for 15 minutes. This removes excess salt from the outside.
- Remove the turkey from the water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.